- Implementation steps
- Repository with example code
- Details for com.xored.q7.reporting.reportRenderer extension point.
- Q7 Report format
- Running example plugin from Q7 Dev environment
- Delivering report renderer
- Running example plugin using Q7 Runner.
To provide new report format, we need to provide implementation of only one interface and one extension point.
Configured Q7 development environment with q7.extensions repository cloned to some local folder.
Please refer to Development Guides for instructions for initial setup.
Guide requires a skilled Eclipse Developer to proceed.
- Create a plug-in project.
- Add dependencies to 2 plugins:
- Create extension to extension point com.xored.q7.reporting.reportRenderer
- Write implementation of interface com.xored.q7.reporting.core.IReportRenderer.
- Build binary version of plugin with update site.
- Include into Q7 RCP and Q7 Runner.
- Install extension plugin into Q7 RCP.
- Build customized runner instance using instruction below.
Repository with example code
We setup repository on github: https://github.com/xored/q7.extensions.reporting
Repository contain reference implementation of report renderer. And could be used as initial point for report implementation.
Repository contain 2 folders:
- reporting - contain plugin, feature and update site for described here reporting example.
- runner - contain maven build scenario and product file to build customized q7 runner with include of reporting plugin.
Repository content could be builded using:
Build will provide a update site for sample plugin, it could be installed directly into Q7 RCP.
And a customized q7runner version with sample plugin included.
Details for com.xored.q7.reporting.reportRenderer extension point.
To add new report kind please contribute a com.xored.q7.reporting.report.renderer extension point.
Following code show how new report kind are contributed in com.xored.q7.reporting.example plugin in q7.extensions repository.
For this extension we need to implement com.xored.q7.reporting.core.IReportRenderer interface.
Before we go into sample implementation let's talk about Q7 Reporting format.
So empty implementation will look like:
Some details about report format and used structured will be described below.
Q7 Report format
Then Q7 execute test cases it stores execution information in binary EMF based report format. q7.report files are zip archives with individual report's stored in.
Q7ReportIterator class is used to iterate over individual reports.
Following example could illustrate how to iterate over Q7 report file:
Report model description:
Q7 report are EMF object described by following object hierarchy:
Q7Info object represent additional information associated with Report Root node and with some other child nodes.
Eclipse status object represent error log entry occurred during test case execution.
Contain information about execution error. In tree like format.
Running example plugin from Q7 Dev environment
To execute example report from Q7 we could do following:
- Start Q7 from development environment or standalone Q7.
- Create Q7 project.
- Import samples.report from com.xored.q7.reporting.example/samples folder in file system.
- Open report file in Q7 report viewer.
- Use Save As button in report editor.
- After Finish button clicked we will see report generated by sample plugin.
Delivering report renderer
Best way to deliver new report renderer is to create update site with required plugin.
Our example repository provide maven/tycho version of build environment to provide a update site.
Eclipse PDE build could also be used.
Updatesite could be easy installed into Q7 RCP using standard Eclipse update mechanisms.
Running example plugin using Q7 Runner.
To use runner with custom report format we need to build version of runner with included update site.
Let's perform following steps to perform this:
Clone our example repository.
- Customize q7.extensions/runner/pom.xml.
- Update groupId to be one you like. Default value is "com.xored.q7_my".
- Specify update site with extension plugins to use.
- Customize q7.extensions/runner/q7runner.product to contain required for extension features. Committed version contain link to example repository.
Build q7 runner
Build will provide archived version of q7runner in target folder and will install q7runner into local maven repository.
- Execute q7runner or maven plugin.
Please refer to Q7 Runner for more information about runner.
And Q7 Maven Pluginfor more information about using maven plugin.
- Using command line.
Please also specify parameter "-report sample1;/path/reportfolder/reportName".
This will tell Q7 runner to use report renderer with id "sample1" and to put report file with reportName into folder /path/reportfolder.
Using maven plugin.
Please change q7-maven-plugin version to 1.2.1-SNAPSHOT.
And when in configuration area of q7-maven-plugin please do following modifications.
- Using command line.