Create Ecore Model
- Create model folder in the root directory of your plugin
- Right click on model folder and select New > Other... > Eclipse Modeling Framework > Ecore Model > Next
- Choose a name for your model. In our case it will be view.ecore
- Press Finish
Created model will be opened in the editor and we need to specify package details using Properties View as shown below:
Add ShowViews command class
We need to create new EClass for our ECL command.
- Create new EClass and change its name to ShowViews in the Properties View
- Right click your editor and select Load Resource... menu item
- In the opened dialog press Browse Registered Packages... button
- Select http:/www.eclipse.org/ecl/core.ecore package:
- Add Command from the ECL package as a super type to your ShowViews class.
Add View class
Now we need one more EClass to represent Eclipse View details.
- Create EClass called View
- Add three string attributes to this class: id, label and description
Generate java sources
We need to create generation model to build java sources for our model.
- Right click on the view.ecore file in the Package Explorer and select New > Other... > Eclipse Modeling Framework > EMF Generator Model > Next
- Default view.genmodel name for generator model is OK for us, so just press Next
- Select Ecore model item and press Next
- Click Load button and press Next again
- Select view.ecore as a root package and add ECL and EMF packages as references. Press Finish
- In the opened editor select View package and change base package attribute to org.eclipse.ecl.example:
- Right click View package and select Generate Model Core. All necessary java sources will be generated.